Wednesday, November 15, 2017

PRESSURE COOKER SOFT BOILED RAMEN EGG

Raise your hand if you've tried soft boiled eggs and had them come out different every time. I can not count how many times I'd pull my eggs out of the ice bath, so hopefully, only to have an almost hard boiled egg. My first pressure cooker could not set a time for any less than 5 minutes so I just gave up on my dream of perfect ramen for a bit. When I got my new Instant Pot, this was one of the first things I tried! 


I did about a 30 minute soak in a mixture of soy, water, and rice wine vinegar then by the time my ramen was done, the egg was perfect. I have also been working on recipes for Fresh Ramen Noodles and a 5 Minute Shoyu Ramen Broth.  My love of Asian cuisine is strong but sometimes I don't have all day to roast bones and make a traditional broth, although I have many times.


I mean.... just look how perfect!




Yield: 4

Perfect Soft Boiled Ramen Eggs

These quick 3 minute eggs go perfectly with your homemade ramen or any breakfast.
prep time: 3 MINScook time: 6 MINStotal time: 9 mins

ingredients:


  • 4 extra large eggs
  • 1 cup room temperature water
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup rice mirin
  • 1 teaspoon dark soy (for darker egg  color)

instructions


  1. Add 1 cup room temperature water to the bottom of your pressure cooker pot. Insert a steam basket and add your eggs. 
  2. Pressure cook on manual for 3 minutes. Then immediately quick release pressure and put into an ice bath for 3 additional minutes. 
  3. in a small bowl or ziplock plastic bag, mix the soy, remaining 3/4 cup of water, rice wine vinegar, and dark soy. Add eggs and allow to marinade for 30 minutes or overnight. 

notes

Will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. This recipe was tested using a 6 quart pressure cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Socials

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *